Building the resilience and food security of farmer producers through climate information services (CINSERE* Project)
Climate Information Services (CIS)
- >100,000 reached through SMS, voice messaging and radio broadcasts through 16 CIS of which 11 were for farming communities and 5 for fishing communities.
Training on CIS
- 2,900 lead-farmers and fishermen trained to sensitize more than 80,000 in the effective use of CIS.
CIS aid on-farm decisions
- 96% of the farmers effectively used CIS, of which 78% are very satisfied with the decisions they have taken, in terms of resilience and yield improvement.
Increase in crop yields with CIS combined with three different technologies
- 49% increase with use of improved crop varieties
- 40% increase with use of fertilizers
- 16% increase with agro-met advisories